Home

Psst.. Follow me on twitter @DigitalZarda!

Saturday 1 July 2017

RoohAfza ft. The Spirit of Eid With Family! #RoohAfzaEidMubarak


Growing up in South Asian households, we’re always taught the value of family and the significance and the importance of our blood relations. The cycle is endless, starting infinity into our ancestors and impeding upon us, and hopefully into our next generation when one day we pass our children the message of respect and love. 

Speaking from personal experience, there are very limited family relations that I love unconditionally apart from my immediate family (parents and siblings), and those include grandparents and my khala/mamoos. Unfortunately, I was never able to know my paternal grandparents since they passed away before I could make sense of this world, and only my nanno remained with us! She’s a beautiful beautiful soul and to this day I pray for her long healthy life and will continue to do so since she’s the only grandparent I have and we are damn lucky to have her in our lives!

Just a couple of days back, the new TVC of RoohAfza was aired on the teles that showed the relationship between a grandparent and his grandchild, and of course, a very subtle product placement that showed the child using RoohAfza in a supposed dessert of a sort for his grandfather, and later getting EIDIIIII in return. I mean, if that’s not a win-win situation, then I don’t know what is! Y’all can watch the TVC here!


Speaking on a marketing based level, and a south-asian-morale-level, brands that incorporate family orientation, love, and respect in their marketing strategies are more likely to be noticed by regular awaam of the nation, since we all DON’T always go for brands that use marketing tactics like a sudden flash mob scenario on the streets while dancing to an annoying tune and just plain bad product placement overall. So, Kudos to the brand for pulling yet another successful one. I can for sure vouch that my EID is literally incomplete without my Nanno and other family! Even though I didnt get to make a Roohafza filled sugary dessert for Nanno, but I still got my EIDI from her, with lots of loveee! 


And I think it is necessary to mention here that Hamdard Pakistan is the only brand that celebrated the Islamic calendar Independence Day of Pakistan on the 27th ramzan and released a heartwarming tribute video to thank everyone who contributed in making PAKISTAN a reality! Another hats off to the brand! Y’all can check out the tribute video here!

Need-less to say, RoohAfza will ALWAYS remain one of the most necessary staple of every south-east-asian home and basically all of us residing all over the world! If you want to read more about my un-dying love for this godly concoction, do check out my blogs below.



Till I find myself another muse to imprint on, this is me, signing off!

Digitally sweetened,


Wurduh Jaffri.

No comments:

Post a Comment