Home

Psst.. Follow me on twitter @DigitalZarda!

Wednesday 22 March 2017

BEAUTY JUNKIE: Major Hair Transformation ft. Manic Panic and Framesi!


A couple of months back, I had the craziest idea to get a very very dramatic makeover! I ordered up Manic Panic semi permanent hair color from shoppingbag.pk and after waiting a month or so, I got my very special delivery very smoothly on Cash-On-Delivery for about PKR 2800. Even though Manic Panic itself is not very pricey, but getting it through an e-commerce website, the international shipping and custom charges in all made the price a tad bit too much.



The colour I ordered Of Manic Panic was Cleo Rose. I was very well aware that in order to get this beautiful colour on my Asian af dark brown hair, I needed a proper colour cut and a very professional hair bleaching session. Two days before New Year's Eve, I decided to get my hair done from a local salon owned by my neighbour (BIG MISTAKE). The lower I paid her, the worse job she did on my hair. (In my defence, I'm already in so much debt from all the things I buy that I gotsta compromise somewhere. Not a very smart move, I know).

EXPECTATIONS! (Source: Pinterest)
My hair very bleached only till they were orange, and because I wanted a PINK ombre Balayage and the color was not enough for it, She graciously added a splurge of Framesi's Red with the PINK.
REALITY! (me)
In short, when the complete process was done, I was BEYOND horrified by the horrendous ombre of red and pink with VISIBLE oranges where the color wasn't applied properly. Needless to say, I was one of the BAD OMBRES' President Trump was on about.

I know I know. I cried too... (me)
Framesi's Red barely stayed after one wash and my hair was left with a horrendous orange tint and some disorganized pink patches from the Manic Panic. My first Hair Transformation experiance was not at all a good one, but because the diva I am inside (hush up), I made it workkk! And turned my experience into a lesson, a review, and a kind of warning for people.
After All the color washed out! (me)
The lesson, being that If you want big changes made to your hair, either go to a veryyyy trusted and nice hair colourist, or get ready to get disappointed.

The review, being that Manic Panic stays very nicely on COMPLETELY blonde hair but also washes out gradually leaving with a nice pastel tint in every wash. Plus Manic Panic is Vegan, so they kinda win.

Framesi, being a permanent hair colour, will not stay as nicely on porous hair as compared to virgin hair. I dyed my hair soon after with Framesi's Mahogany Red to cover up the Orange hair and it also faded out in almost four washes. But the orange was covered, THANKFULLY, and a very nice gradient hair was a result after the colour was completely washed up.

Mahogany Red! (me)
And in the end, the warning, being that if anyone wants colour, hair, they must get prepared for the damage! Saying that these hair colours don't damage the hair would be straight up lying. They do affect the texture A LOT! But because I never take the dye up to my root, my hair is not as damaged as they should be after my hefty hair dramas!
After my experience, I underwent a lot more crazy hair changes, so stay tuned to my blog for more reviews of hair colors and hair products!

Till I replenish my hair and pray for more hair strength, this is me, signing off!

Still Not Bald,


Wurduh Jaffri

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the information. I will be reviewing it soon and will let you know if we have any follow-up questions.
    Laser Hair Bleaching in Dubai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou For sharing a beneficial information.Also visit my article laser hair bleaching in dubai

    ReplyDelete