Home

Psst.. Follow me on twitter @DigitalZarda!

Wednesday 22 February 2017

The Struggle Of Making ART! #DigitalZarda



Let's start this blog with one big revelation. As much as i'd like to call myself a digital illustrator, I'm still a noob to the max. I've always been fascinated by people who could make incredible art, and digital art. I've always wanted to learn it professionally but MEDICAL SCHOOL HAPPENED. and dreams became dusts.... UNTIL, one day, when i thought, WHY NOT BOTH?

I borrowed my sister's Ipad and downloaded a random app and scribbled my first piece. It wasnt good in ANY way, but it did motivate me to keep trying. 



After countless tries on my tablet, I later realized that the touch of the tablet was just as bad as my skills and i needed either my phone or the ipad to see if I actually possessed any artistic abilities, to which i later discovered I ACTUALLY DID! I made myself self learn tips and tricks of illustration on the ipad and my phone WITH MY FINGER. Even though it leaves my finger sore after EVERY Art I make, it actually feels hella good to be able to make beautiful digital art all by myself. 

Being self taught is truly an achievement within itself! 

Attaching all the pieces i made as of 23rd february 2017! 

illustration of my nephew 'YUSHA'

the previous cover i made for my blog

Art in reaction to Azealia Banks calling Zayn Malik, a "CURRY SCENTED BITCH"

i mean, what more is there to say! 

I call this, THE SCREAM! (Re-did a picture from creepy pasta)

took some more inspo from a friend's twitter display

FAN ART: Digital version of MAHOOR JAMAL's work.

I call this, "I DONT WANT TO SHOWER"

My nephew YUSHA with some random doodles

a cross between avatar or something. honestly, most of the time im making art, im just clueless

My new favvvv person HALIMA from fashionicide.com

A mashup of my friend Ayza, Princess leia, David Bowie, Frida Kahlo, a little bit of Ke$ha, and some galaxy 

The art i made for a collab for Aunty Riot's tumblr page! (Now the cover banner for my blog)

a mashup of Salt Bae and Lady liberty, in the wake of the recent muslim travel ban in the USA! 

I know I'm still very far from the point of actually becoming an artist, but for people like me, art truly is an ESCAPE! My medical school woes aside, Art has helped me in countless ways to cope up with my depression and has been a source of relief for me (eventhough i literally hurt my finger everytime i draw something by repeatedly dragging it on the screen), but still, ART is LIFE. 

Till I get more inspiration from life and turn it into art, this is me, signing off!

Digitally Artsy,

Wurduh Jaffri


2 comments: